Thursday, March 3, 2011

Feb. 26th Crepes of Wrath 8pm Show

Marc and I decided early in the day that we wanted to try a mono-scene for our Crepes show. I was hesitant at first because we'd never really tried or practiced anything like that. And in the past, we've tried new things at the last second, and fell victim to their pitfalls because we were ill-prepared. But I turned my opinion around and agreed we should go for it. It was a great show. We both had highly interesting, meaty characters with a great relationship to one another. Marc was a southern father who was very patriotic and had strong feels for his hound dog that had recently passed away. The dog was buried next to his wife/my mother. My character was disconnected from his father because of the way he could show love for his dog, but not to his wife or son. So I was the complete opposite of my father, because I loved writing poetry and was in love with an Ethiopian girl who I worked with a Suncoast Video store. Marc's character equated that drinking Coor's Light was the same as being a homosexual. It was really fun to play with that dynamic, and I felt that catharsis was within our grasp until one of the breakers on the lights were tripped, and our show was ended on a weird out.

No comments:

Post a Comment